Friday, June 25, 2010

Saddle Ridge Ranch



Woah, I am exhausted. Just finished up a great week of Vacation Bible School. We had a great time learning about tumbleweeds and lassos and the ABC's at Saddle Ridge Ranch this week. :) But seriously, it was a wonderful time. This VBS was completely different than any one I'd ever done. First of all, it was at night. Secondly, it was for all ages--birth-senior adults. It definitely gave the week a different feel. Every night began with a family meal prepared by church members, and they were delicious! Then we headed into the worship rally where Meagan and I had the awesome privilege of leading the music. During the worship rally, we also took up a missions offering. These kids raised about $700 this week!! Wow! (Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young...) For the rest of the time, we went in with the youth and had a fun time of games and Bible Study. The week ended tonight with Pastors Luke and David getting "cow pied" in the face to reward various kids for special accomplishments. All in all, it was an incredible week.
Through leading the music this week, God really continued to confirm that music education is where I'm meant to be. I have loved every minute of preparing, teaching, and performing this music. I love the smiles on the kids' faces. And I love that little kids love to sing. No one has told them that it's not cool to sing. The just sing and dance and play because that's the kind of being God made them to be. I love to watch all that. Seeing these little ones sing and smile and laugh this week made me excited about what God has for me in the future.
In general, things are still going really well. Getting to know Meagan, David & Amy, and the people of THBC better every day. I'm still loving the people here. And I'm still getting fed very well. :) Meagan and I started a Bible Study with a few girls this week. We're gonna be studying 2 Peter 1 for the rest of the summer, and I'm SUPER excited about it! These girls are awesome and are really willing and eager to learn. I'm excited to see what God teaches me through His Word and through these young ladies as we grow together this summer.
Thank-you for all the prayers, letters, texts, and facebook messages. You all are the best support system I could ask for. Love y'all!

Kinsey Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment