Tuesday, June 8, 2010

First Week

I'm not much of a writer, but I know blogging is a great way to keep up with "all the friends" at home. So, I'm going to try my hand at it this summer!
I've been in Yakima, Washington State for about a week now. It's been wonderful so far! I'm getting along very well with my partner, Meagan. We have alot in common and we're having alot of fun together. The people here are really friendly and inviting. It has been really cool to watch a local church work together to take care of two college girls for a summer. We're living with one family, sleeping on other families' beds. Still other families have cleaned out their families for us to have some snack food. And others invite us into their homes for meals. It's really neat to see. And, yes Mama, we are getting fed VERY well! :)
I've really enjoyed getting to know the girls in the youth ministry. Teenagers here are alot like teenagers at home. The main difference is most of these girls have not grown up in a church setting. Please pray for me as I minister to these awesome girls! Pray that the relationships between us will continue to strengthen. And pray God will give me wisdom in ministering to girls whose upbringing is different from my own.
I love and miss you all, but I'm having a wonderful time up here. I can already tell God is going to "grow me up" alot this summer. :) I'm going to try to post on this blog pretty regularly, so be checking up. :)

Kinsey Ann

And, if any of you would care to write me (I would love it if you did), my address is...
Terrace Heights Baptist Church
619 South 41st Street
Yakima, WA 98901

No comments:

Post a Comment