Monday, June 21, 2010

Mountains and Summer Kick-off


So, I'm not very good at keeping this updated. So sorry. They're just keeping me busy up here! :)

The past week was absolutely incredible! It began on Monday with a trip to beautiful Mt. Rainier National Park. We can see Mt. Rainier from Yakima, but I never could've guessed that it was so huge! It was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen! Also, Meagan and I saw more snow than we had ever seen in our lives that day. I (being a dummy) thought that Chaco's would be a great thing to wear for the day. Bad idea. We ended up playing in the snow for a while, and I think I might have frostbite. Haha. Oh well, it was such a fun day! You definitely don't see something like that every day.

Wednesday was our Summer Kick-off party, and it was a great success! Many of our kids brought friends, and we had a great group of teenagers there. We spent the evening eating and playing games. Some of the games for the evening were...Blind Georgie Toss, Barf Ball, and (a subtle tribute to the Bellevue Student Ministry) the Mega Relay. As you can imagine, it was a fun-filled evening. :) We also had a great concert by a somewhat local musician, Bryson Foster. He's a very talented singer with a powerful story of redemption. The teenagers responded incredibly well to him and to the gospel he presented. We wrapped up the evening with a bonfire and s'mores. Pray that we will continue to see fruit from that night and that we will keep in contact with the kids who came for the first time.

God's doing some great things here! He's working in this youth ministry, and He's teaching me a lot. Continue to pray for God's guidance as we make decisions for the summer. Thanks so much for the prayers and encouragement. Love and miss you all!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're having a great time! It's hard to believe there'd be that much snow in JUNE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had 3 inches of snow here a week ago. I also understand about the Chaco deal. I helped roto-till a garden in 46 degree weather wearing mine...then washed the mud off my feet with almost ice cold water. Aaaah, Chacos. Oh, and I made a tribute to Bellevue VBS this past week while singing the "Hi, my name is Joe," song at VBS in Craig.

    ReplyDelete