Thursday, June 10, 2010

I am who the Great I AM says I am

So, if any of you are doing Lifeway's VBS for this year, you know that this title is referencing one of the songs. As Meagan and I have been preparing to lead the music for Terrace Heights' VBS, I feel like this song title explains alot about what God has been teaching me since I've been here. Here are some of the lyrics (Oh, how I love VBS songs! Haha!)...
I am who the Great I AM says I am!
I am one of His greatest creations.
He says that I am remarkably, wonderfully made,
And I am who He says I am!

I think I've always had a pretty good self-esteem, and most days I'm really comfortable with who God made me to be. Since I've been here, though, Satan has really been attacking me with feelings of inadequacy, worthlessness, and ugliness. First of all, my hair straightener broke on day 2. We've spent alot of time around little kids, and as much as I love them, I don't know the first thing about them! (Though I am learning!) And I've been doing a bit of "technological stuff," which y'all know is not my strong point! I know feelings of comparison and inadequacy is something we girls struggle with alot, but it has been intense since I've been here!

Last night, I was thinking alot about all these feelings I've been having, and Meagan and I started talking about it. Our talk turned into a hilarious conversation about how we've both been comparing ourselves to each other quite a bit since we got here. Funny how two girls will do that...even when they don't want to! Anyway, the conversation gave us a good laugh and made me thankful for a partner with DIFFERENT gifts than I have. We need each other in the Body of Christ, and we have DIFFERENT gifts for a reason. It is so true...each of us is remarkably, wonderfully made, and we shouldn't compare ourselves to anyone else. You would have thought I would have learned that simple lesson by now, huh? :)

Anyway, that's one of the main things I've been learning since I got here. I'm who God made ME to be. Pray that I continue to remember that this summer. I am who the Great I AM says I am! I am one of His greatest creations! And remember that you are too!

Kinsey Ann

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kinsey, it's Kristy--the long lost friend from ages past. Anyway, I stumbled upon your blog via facebook. As you may or may not know, I'm in Colorado (High Country Church/Baptist Association)for the summer. So, guess what? I've been learning those songs too and will be singing them for 4 different VBS's. Anyway, I wanted you to know I'm praying for you. I too have learned lessons that I KNEW in my head but didn't know in my heart. I also thought I'd comment just so you'd get a comment because I understand how it is to write and write and write and never get any comments...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kins! A couple things struck me as I read this post..

    1) I am doing the music and worship rally for our VBS and so as soon as I read the lyrics I started doing the motions :)

    2)I remember when I was in Iowa that summer, there was so much spiritual warfare, so I will step up and bring my A-game when it comes to praying for you this summer!

    3) When I moved here to FL, I also struggled with comparing myself to those around me. God has had to "teach" and mostly remind me that the Body of Christ needs all of it's parts - even when I just feel like the pancreas...I'm still vital to the body! I'm not sure this is ever a lesson we fully master!


    Love you girl! So proud of the woman you are!

    ReplyDelete